Saturday, December 6, 2014

You had ONE job...

As most mothers do, I try to make our kids' actual birthday as special as I can. They have parties where they celebrate with friends and family but their actual birthday is something we celebrate only with our immediate family. However, this year I decided that in addition to our family celebration, I would send breakfast and a snack to school for our little man's special day. 

The day started out with a special breakfast for the birthday boy. Usually based on whatever their favorite food is at the time, this year was doughnuts. He was really into Superman and Team Umizoomi and when I found a place that was willing to accommodate my request; I was ecstatic! However, as most perfectionists have encountered, I wasn't thrilled with the end result. 


Not too bad...but if I could cook, my crazy make it perfect self would've kicked into gear. Oh well! Deuce liked them, so we will say it was a success!!

I had a shirt made for him to wear to school:



Next came his birthday dinner. We went to a few different pizza places with a photo and an idea to see who was willing to accommodate us. We found one and when we ordered pizza for dinner, to Deuce's surprise, Superman sent him a very special birthday pizza. 


Again, the "S" was little blurry but it got the job done! Up next, dessert...

I'm far from a cook, as I've written about several times before this post. I try but usually unsuccessfully! I was super proud of my homemade cupcakes that I free handed trying to accommodate our son's interest of the year. He was happy which made us happy...



I actually managed to make both kids happy by incorporating Superman and a Frozen theme. 

Last item on my list was making sure he opened presents that he would love:


Nailed it!! 

Now, I gave my husband ONE job! ONE JOB!! All he had to do was approve and pick up the cookie cake. I called ahead and made sure they could design what we wanted, I verified exactly what it needed to say, how to spell everything, what date it was needed, etc. So imagine my surprise when my husband sent me this picture of what he dropped off at school...


Who the hell is "Dence?" Our child's name is Deuce! The one thing on the cake I would hope he would definitely know how to spell...he didn't! Wow! Really? 

I try to be patient, I try to be understanding, I TRY not to freak out over the little things in life but not realizing that our child's NAME was spelled incorrectly sent me over the edge! There was A LOT of yelling and profanity, followed by laughter and apologies for my reaction but in the end we have yet another story to tell and another lesson learned (before my husband leaves the cake shop, send a picture for a second approval, lol) and the memories of our sweet "Dence's" 3rd birthday will always be with us. 







No comments:

Post a Comment